If you have one of our Controllers (hand-unit), there is a menu option for 'Manual Calibration' which works well with lenses without hard stops. Unfortunately if you're using a 'slave controller kit', you can't perform this setup... However, we have been considering supporting this via a new firmware, where you hold the REC button (on the thumbwheel) for 5 secs to start the manual cal mode, then jog the thumbwheel back/forth, then pressing REC to set the stops. It may not be the most elegant, but the motor will remember its calibration through power cycle.
Articles in this section
- What is the Thumbwheel Slave Controller?
- Motor is jittering back and forth when Thumbwheel is plugged in
- Setting up the Thumbwheel
- Can the Slave Controller be used independent of the main Controller?
- Can I use Thumbwheel simultaneously with the Wireless handset?
- Can I reverse (flip) the rotation of the Thumbwheel?
- Can I manually calibrate with the Thumbwheel?